Sunday, June 24, 2012

Inspired by the Beach!

Jen at Art Jewelry Elements is having a blog hop featuring jewelry Inspired by the Shells on the Beach.  Now I'm sure that Jen didn't mean literally jewelry made of shells on the beach but.........






My family loves the beach, at least 3 out of the 5 of us do.  We have been vacationing at the beach as long as I have been married (31 years) and my kids were little, which has been a pretty long time considering that my oldest son is 28.  I love shells and my favorite pass time at the beach is collecting shells.  I have accumulated quite a few over the years.  They are stored in shoe boxes, Pringles cans and various other containers in our basement.  One of my goals the past couple of  years was to make some jewelry with some of those little treasures.  My daughter Baille and and I make jewelry together and we often take jewelry projects with us on vacation.   On a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, Baille decided that her project was going to be a bib necklace made with shells and she started collecting shells the first day we were at the beach.  This particular trip was  taken with two of my daughter's friends, their mom and another friend.  By the end of the trip all four of our female traveling companions decided to do the same project.  My husband and son decided this wasn't for them and they went fishing.  Now while every one else was collecting the perfect shells for their creation, Baille was picking up shards and broken shells.  I was so busy helping everyone else that I didn't get my project completed but I am in hopes of getting out my shells and starting up again before summer's end.  Here is the necklace Baille made and some shots of the other one's as well.  Fun trip!  Fun project!  Hopefully I'll still get mine made!  








4 comments:

  1. Love that grey toned one! But they're all very cool and fun way to use your collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that everyone (except the guys. haha!) got involved in making their own shell necklace. It's like the ladies were all mermaids :-) Now go make yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing from you and your comments mean so much.