Sunday, April 1, 2012

Collective Creative Canape Blog Hop!

The time has come for the Collective Creative Canape bead swap blog hop.  What is the Collective Creative Canape group?  Well, back on March 3rd Lori Anderson,  the queen of the Bead Soup Swap Party,  hosted her 5th Bead Soup Blog Party.  Due to the popularity of these hops, the size of this particular hop was limited to 200 and the participants were selected randomly.   In order to lessen our disappointment, a small group on individuals decided to do an informal swap.  This group became the Collective Creative Canape and today is the reveal date for our swap.  Keri Lee Sereika of Pink Lemonade graciously took on the task of coordinating this swap.


My partner for this swap is Bryna Lumb of Bryna's Bead Box. Here's are the gorgeous beads that I received from Bryna.  Bryna being a talented lampworker sent me a gorgeous focal bead with two lampwork accent beads and numerous other accent beads.    What great colors! 




What to do with such gorgeous beads?   I decided to go for a lighter looking necklace.   Starting with a Vintaj antique brass chain and creating dangles with the coral colored beads that Bryna sent gave me the basis for my necklace.  I added the lamp work focal green leaves from my stash as an accent and two additional leaves from the Vintaj line.  Since I couldn't quite get the accent beads to work in my necklace,  I decided to make earrings with them.  Sticking with the chain theme, I made dangles with the lampwork accent beads, the additional coral beads and green Swaroski crystal that I had received in my swap.   


Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating the day I was ready to shoot my pictures and the pics don't really do the beads justice.  Here's the result:






Now check out the other blogs to see what creative things were done with their beads:


Keri Lee Sereika www.pinklemonade.typepad.com <---- Host

Linda Younkman www.lindysdesigns.blogspot.com < You are here


Cheryl Foiles www.getyourbeadon.com

Stephanie Woods www.skwds.blogspot.com

Lisa Lodge www.pineridgetreasures.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. I love the necklace - reminds me of a yummy fruit tree. The colors are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ornage looks like Tangerine Tango to me! The hottest spring colour ... really like it paired with green! Great spring set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is beautiful! I agree with Lynne, it looks like you are using the hottest color of Spring right there! So fun! The beads are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda, these pieces are GORGEOUS! The girls are right about the tangerine tango, that's what I was trying to include when I made the focal and selected the other beads to send. Great job on your first swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love! Reminds me of a fruit orchard in Summer. Just beautiful! - Lisa Lodge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set of beads from Bryna! And I love the necklace and earring set - so vibrant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that focal bead and love the design of the necklace! You did an awesome job, Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some beautiful bead and really did them justice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful designs!!!! Those lampwork beads ar gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pieces Lindy - I especially love the earring made from the large copper links!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty... love the red berries and green leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing from you and your comments mean so much.