Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sad Today!

Today's a sad one for me.  My daughter, Baille, is going back to school in Savannah, Georgia after a nice spring break at home in Ohio.  This day is always a depressing one for me.  As a mother I am most happy when my little chicks are gathered around in the nest.  Considering that my youngest chick is now 20 this is  happening less and less as each one continues to sprout their wings and fly away.  














Being my only daughter, Baille and I have our ups and downs - I think it is the mother/daughter thing. We fight, we have bad moods but when it is all said and done we love each other very much and I love having her home to share things with me.  She is my creative partner, we make jewelry together, we craft together, we shop together and when she is away the desire to do these things is lessened for me.  


I had so many projects that I was wanting her input on but she's a busy girl and my time was rationed.  Now the input will have to happen via pictures over our cell phones and an occasional Skype session.   Her course of study in Fashion Design is a stressful one and most of her creative thoughts are spent on trying to get A's and just get through the quarter.  Here's hoping that the next quarter is a successful one and that the ten weeks she is away will pass quickly.  



13 comments:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful!!! I wish her well at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a sweet and moving post. I felt sad that she was going away too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I can only imagine.... I know I it will be VERY difficult for me as well when I get to this point. My boys are 11, 9, 6 and 3. :-) We are very close and I know I'll be a mess when they go off to school. People say I'll be ready for it when the time comes. That could be true - they are truly a handful!! It is really nice that although you two have your ups and downs, that you still have many things you enjoy doing together. Oh what I would give for my Mom to show an interest in my hobbies! :-) Your daughter is beautiful, and I must say she looks like an actress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cindy. I have three two boys and one girl ages 28, 25 and 20. This is my third child that has gone off to school and it doesn't get any easier. Baille was the reason I got started in the jewelry making in the beginning. I owe it all to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so understand where you come from, Linda. I have one daughter and three sons. I love all my children very, very much, but with my daughter, it is different, I guess because we are both female. She is now married, and we don't see each other very much, but we do talk to each other almost everyday. Reading your post sure made me miss my daughter, but it also makes me happy to think about her and her husband coming in a couple of weeks for Easter. I will have all my children home, and this mother hen will be a very happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe that's a bummer. My boys are still little, so I still have plenty of time with them, but my sister lives across the country from me and the rest of my family and we miss her like crazy!! Your daughter is like, SO gorgeous by the way, she looks like a model, and those pants in the last photo are INSANE. Did she make those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relish those moments Jessica. They grow up so fast. Thanks for the lovely comments. No she didn't make those pants but one of her projects last quarter was doing pants and she really came up with some really out there one.

      Delete
  7. Hi Linda, Your daughter is very pretty and judging from the pictures has a well rounded personality. Those 10 weeks may seem like an eternity for you, but I'm sure as busy as she will be they will fly by for her and she will be back home and ready to spend some Mom and daughter time.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, she is a fun person to be around! I think that is why I don't feel as inspired when she's not home. We work on jewelry together and she provides the young point of view.

      Delete
  8. She is so pretty! and I'm sure you have a lot of fun together. I have 2 daughters (9 and 13), my oldest is going into high school in the Fall. It won't be long before she's off to college, and I just can't imagine how I will deal with it! Mother-daughter relationships are so amazing ... I love the time I get with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is a special bond between mother and daughter. It can be a rocky one but at the same time special.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing from you and your comments mean so much.