Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Suddenly Spring Blog Hop

We have been very fortunate this year and have had a very mild winter.  The temperatures are getting warmer daily and it is quite evident outside with the emerging green in my garden that spring is virtually here.  I love spring.  I love the feel in the air in the early morning and the smell in the air.  I love the spring flowers in my garden and perhaps this is my most favorite time of year for the garden with my Virginia Blue Bells and Bleeding Hearts that look so pretty together.  Spring is also a time for lighter jewelry with pretty flowers and airy designs.  








One of my goals this year was to get more involved in beading challenges, so when Michelle Mach offered up another challenge I was right onboard.  I had participated in her winter challenge with the Chinook Designs ceramic focal.  Even though it was very challenging for me to do something different, I enjoyed it.  


Michelle recently offered up some pre-strung bracelets in icy blue for a spring challenge.  The challenge is to take a finished piece of jewelry and recreate something for spring -- new colors, new designs.  There are only 26 participants and looking over the list it is pretty intimidating based on their work.  I could have worn the bracelet as is, it is quite lovely and the colors sparkle, however that would not be meeting the requirements of the challenge. There are ideas running through my head of what I could do with these lovelies.   My dilemma, do I make something that I am comfortable with, something that is pretty but sort of ho hum, or do I work outside my comfort zone and do something different.  







A big portion of this challenge for me is to offer up my work for viewing and criticism - not necessarily written criticism, people in the beading world are generally kind and generous and don't write negative things about your work on your blog, but in my mind. Well I'm going to get out of my comfort zone and go for it.  Check back next week to see whether I did comfortable or something new.  The reveal date is March 13th.  I'm excited to see what everyone came up with and how they transformed this lovely little bracelet into something "spring".



1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with using those beads...they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing from you and your comments mean so much.